Latest Magazine :
Home » » FEBRUARY 2012:JADE LOPEZ & DANIELLE CASTANO

FEBRUARY 2012:JADE LOPEZ & DANIELLE CASTANO

{[['']]}

It’s been quite a while since the fi rst season of StarStruck. Can you refresh our memories on how exactly you got into showbiz?
Before StarStruck, I was already modeling. I had come out in print ads, but I never landed any major commercials. Finally, a friend invited me to audition for the show tapos sabi ko, “Ano yung StarStruck?” Remember, during the time of Batch 1, the show had never been heard of. I finally saw an ad for it on TV, and what it entailed. Sabi ko, “Sige.” Pero nung time na yun ayoko talaga! Kinabahan ako kasi we were going to dance. Takot akong malait. I auditioned and after three weeks, they gave me a call. The process was excruciating.

You won Seventeen Magazine’s Best Female Model award in the past. Now, you’re an FHM
cover girl. How did you find the transition?
Nanlamig ang kamay ko. This is my first time to do something this daring. But I enjoyed the shoot so much and didn’t find it bastos at all. Naloka ako kasi I had to go topless and I only learned to wear a two-piece just last year. Even when I was younger, my mom would tell me, “Anak, suot ka naman ng miniskirt!” Pero ayoko talaga. I had a lot of insecurities. Sobrang payat ng legs ko. Ha ha! Pero thankfully na-overcome ko rin and confident na ako ngayon.

How was it posing with Danielle?
We’re friends, but we’re not that close yet. Nahihiya nga ako sa kanya kasi ang sexy niya at crush ko na ang katawan niya. I didn’t feel embarrassed because this is FHM, kailangang i-todo mo na.

You were born and raised in Batangas. What are the ladies like in the land of balisongs and kapeng barako?
Laking Batangas ako, sa Tanauan. Women from Batangas are known to be matapang, hindi lang halata sa akin. Ha ha! Never naman akong nagbalisong. I don’t know why I never learned. I’m tough, pero fighting is not my thing. Lalabanan kita, pero mentally. And I love kapeng barako! My dentist wants me to stop drinking it because my teeth are turning yellow. I should sip it through a straw daw!

Was growing up in the province the reason you only wore a bikini just last year?
Oo. Kasi nga province. Ang dami kong tita na binabantayan ako. And they made sure I went to a Catholic school. Pinalaki akong conservative and at some point I was home-schooled. Hindi ako lumalabas ng bahay.

Our research says you’re best friends with FHM cover girls Cristine Reyes and Stef Prescott. Did you ask any advice from them before the shoot?
Ka-batch ko si Cristine sa StarStruck. Our personalities clicked. I tweeted AA (Cristine’s nickname), “Hoy! Paano ka ba nag-diet, may shoot na ako for FHM?” She replied, “Wow!
Ayus yan!” She advised me to stay away from salty food and chocolates. So kumain na lang muna ako ng apples—don’t do that, girls, bad yun! But I needed the preparation, kasi biglaan
din. Stef and I met while shooting All My Life. It was the first time I ever met someone na napakaraming chismis sa buhay. Ha ha!

Do you guys ever have sleepovers where you have pillow fights in your underwear? Please say yes.
Oo. Pero ngayon hindi na masyado kasi busy. We used to have sleepovers every night after StarStruck. But, not in our underwear, we were usually in our pajamas. Ha ha!

After StarStruck you disappeared for some time. Where have you been?
I was still in high school when StarStruck started. I owed it to my family and sa future children ko na rin to have a college education. I studied psychology because I wanted to relate it to my acting. I figured studying human behavior might help me improve my craft. Eventually, na-realize ko na you can pursue a lot of careers with a degree in psychology. It was hard to juggle time. I would tape for Majika in Tagaytay then go straight to school in San Beda. I didn’t have a driver and would sometimes have to drive myself.

Share this article :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 
Support : Fhm Philippines | Johny Template | Mas Template
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger | FHM Philippines
FHM PHILIPPINES EBOOK: We are not trully interviewed the Fhm Cover Girls of fhm philippines.
All the description of posted magazines in this blog, is from FHM PHILIPPINES Official website.
Copyright © 2011. FHM PHILIPPINES EBOOK - All Rights Reserved