Latest Magazine :
Home » » JANUARY 2013:MARIAN RIVERA

JANUARY 2013:MARIAN RIVERA

{[['']]}
The question everyone is itching to ask: Why only now?
Why? You told me that this would be a special issue because it will be your anniversary. You also said that it would be different, mas maramingconcepts sa loob, mas makabuluhan at pinaghandaang mabuti. I admit, it took me a long time to say yes to FHM pero this time kasi nag-swak na ang gusto kong mangyari sa gusto niyong mangyari so everything fell into place. I guess it’s a sign na worth ityung paghihintay nang matagal dahil sobrang ganda nung konsepto and it’s also what I wanted.

It’s not like you weren’t ready for this. Still, for the last five years when we were courting you it seemed like you weren’t.
Hindi naman sa hindi ready. There are just things you don’t take for granted, kailangan pinag-iisipan mo rin yung mga gagawin mo and what its effect would be to the people who’ll be seeing it. In fairness naman sa FHM you showed exactly how this shoot would turn out, you were honest and you gave me everything I wanted, so walang dahilan para tanggihan ko ang pagko-cover.

Maybe you had personal reservations when it came to men’s magazines in general? We’re not going to lie—there is much skin to be seen inside. A lot of the big stars don’t seem to be comfortable going sexy beside them.
Siguro ire-revise ko nalang yung tanong mo: Ano ba ang concept ko ng“sexy”? You can say that I’m the type of girl who is always true to herself; I never tell people any differently. I have no pretensions coming here to do this cover kaya I was able to do what was asked of me, kahit anong ibigay ninyo sa aking damit isinuot kobecause I came here knowing what I was capable of doing and what was required of me. I don’t have to prove “sexy” to anyone because I believe it comes out naturally.

A million plus of our readers certainly agree with you, having anointed you the Sexiest Woman in the Philippines in 2008.
Aba nahiya naman ako! That was about the time when Marimar came out, and back then I guess I
wasn’t too sure of myself—sexy ba akoSiguro ngayon I can say that I’m more confident with the idea. Why? Because now I go to the gym regularly, I do boxing, just being conscious of my health and wellbeing. So now if someone says I’m sexy, I’ll say thank you!

Talking of Marimar, they’re showing reruns on cable channel Fox Filipino and there is no doubt it was the best time to watch a woman on TV! You practically gave the original Marimar, Thalia, a run for her money.
I guess I just worked hard on the role. Naniniwala kasi ako na magagawa mo ang isang bagay pag minamahal mo kung ano yung ginagawa mo, nagre-reflect yan sa’yo. When they gave me the title role of Marimar I knew that it was the opportunity of a lifetime, that it would give me a chance to show people who Marian Rivera really was so hindi ko na pinakawalan ang pagkakataon, I gave it a hundred percent. Whatever was asked of me—‘O, Marian sumayaw ka,’ ‘Marian magpa-sexy ka’—I did it with no second thoughts. Go lang nang go! Athigit sa lahat minahal ko talaga yung trabaho ko. I am proud of the projects I do and give everything because I am aware of what its impact might be to the people watching. In fact, during the time of Marimarang tawag ng mga tao sa akin Marimar hindi Marian. Malaking bagay yun for me. 

Apart from FHM finally aligning with your intentions, what other things got you into thinking it’s time to do this cover?
Siguro it’s about time din na may bago akong i-offer sa mga nagmamahal sa akin na matagal na nilang hinihiling. Like you said, a lot of readers have been wondering why I still wasn’t doing the cover, so now ibibigay ko na sa kanila. Siguro masasabi ko na this time buo na ang loob ko.

The thing about doing the first cover, and after so much clamor, is that when it comes out you see it and you think, "I can do better than that," so you come out the second time more daring. We know that has happened with our second-and third-timers. Would your second cover be more daring than this?
Ha ha ha, tumawa talaga ako! Ha ha ha! I’m not closing my doors or anything kasi hindi naman bago sa akindoing covers for magazines. I also wear bathing suits in some of those shoots. It’s just that iba lang talaga angdemands on me doing a men’s magazine kaysa sa women’s magazines.

We guess you’re talking about our reputation. Maybe the second would come much later than wewould want. Still, wouldn’t it be nice to be 40 and doing it all over again? Like Dina Bonnevie!
Paano ko ba sasagutin yan? I’m sure when I’m 40 I would be married with kids already so I would also have to think about my husband and the children. Kasi mahirap magdesisyon ng pansarili lang. I’m not selfish; all I want is that in everything I do maraming matutuwa at wala akong masasaktan.


Share this article :

Popular Posts

 
Support : Fhm Philippines | Johny Template | Mas Template
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger | FHM Philippines
FHM PHILIPPINES EBOOK: We are not trully interviewed the Fhm Cover Girls of fhm philippines.
All the description of posted magazines in this blog, is from FHM PHILIPPINES Official website.
Copyright © 2011. FHM PHILIPPINES EBOOK - All Rights Reserved