Latest Magazine :
Home » » APRIL 2011:REGINE ANGELES

APRIL 2011:REGINE ANGELES

{[['']]}
How was the water?
Ang lamig! Actually, I did something like this before for Bench. Medyo malamig din noon and I had to wear underwear but okay lang because it was only for one layout. But we really
had to go up against Mother Nature to get this one done. It was biting cold in the water. I tried not to think about it because I really wanted the pictures to be beautiful. I was really praying for the rain to stop, we really needed the sun, but it didn’t so yun, ha ha! Masaya ako
na nairaos ko siya.

When was the last time anybody called you Diorella?
Oh my God! I don’t really like my first name.

Why? Your parents gave you that name.
My mom gave me that name. She named me after a perfume from Christian Dior. Ever since I was in
grade school di ko talaga siya sinusulat. Kapag may test, di ba you’re supposed to write your full name, I don’t. I just write Regine Angeles.

Did anybody tease you about it?
No one knew about it. When I was in high school, my classmates only heard of it during roll calls. When my friends wanted to have a laugh, they’d call me by that name. Tapos nung nalaman nga ng crew na yun ang name ko, ayan na, magdamag na. Nakaiirita, ha ha!

Did little Diorella always want to be a model?
No, I was actually a bit of a tomboy. Ang sport ko noon basketball, I played with our neighbors. I wanted to be a doctor when I was a kid and a teacher when I was in high school.

When did modeling come in?
It came in when I was in college. I had this classmate who was a model and she introduced me to modeling. And then eventually I liked it.

Were you an instant hit?
Not really. At first it was really tough because I lived in Quezon City and all the VTRs were in Makati. I didn’t have a car back then and I didn’t want to bother having my dad drive me around
so I took the MRT to attend. But then you weren’t really sure if you were going to get the job, kasi marami ka ring kalaban na magaganda. It took me two years before I got my first lead role in a commercial.

We know this is almost sacrilegious, but may we ask how much you weigh?
I weigh 110 lbs. I think the heaviest I weighed is 115 lbs.

How much time do you put into looking like that?
I never really gained weight even when I eat a lot. I was actually thinner when I was younger. I went to a doctor before and she diagnosed me as having hyperthyroidism. Kasi I eat a lot but
I don’t gain weight. People say this is almost unhealthy, so I’m still bothered by it. But then my mom told me that it’s in our genes. She said that when she was younger, she was 5’8” but only
weighed 98 pounds.

So that explains what happened to the hearty breakfast you had hours before the shoot.
People do get surprised when they see me eat, akala nila di ako kumakain sa payat kong ito. I eat everything. I only watch what I eat when I have pictorials. Maalat kasi ako kumain, mahilig ako sa patis. But when I have pictorials I don’t want to look bloated so I lessen my salt
intake.

And yet, no weight gain. You’ll be the envy of a lot of women.
I even used to drink protein shakes just to gain weight. Recently I enrolled in a weight gain program in a gym but then parang lalo pa yata akong pumayat. The workout kasi loosens your fats then you gain muscles.

What’s more awkward—seeing yourself on a billboard or watching yourself act on TV?
Act on TV, because you get to criticize yourself. “Oh my God ang pangit ng arte ko riyan,” or, “Oh my God ang pangit ng anggulo ko riyan,” ha ha!

How used are you now to acting?
As in to the point that I don’t care anymore if I look stupid. Before I had too many inhibitions. I was afraid to look stupid and of what my parents would say if I did this or that. Say, they didn’t say anything, viewers naman will see me and say, “Ay, hindi magaling
umarte ito kasi di niya ibinibigay lahat.”




Share this article :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 
Support : Fhm Philippines | Johny Template | Mas Template
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger | FHM Philippines
FHM PHILIPPINES EBOOK: We are not trully interviewed the Fhm Cover Girls of fhm philippines.
All the description of posted magazines in this blog, is from FHM PHILIPPINES Official website.
Copyright © 2011. FHM PHILIPPINES EBOOK - All Rights Reserved