Latest Magazine :
Home » » SEPTEMBER 2012:MELISSA RICKS

SEPTEMBER 2012:MELISSA RICKS

{[['']]}

It didn’t happen, but we were supposed to shoot you walking the heavily pedestrian-ed Tsim Sha Tsui district with just a skirt and bra on.
Really? Nobody told me. Ang alam ko lang I had a layout in a bathing suit.
We didn’t have permits. But would you have done it?
If you made me do that in the street, I probably would do it. Pero sobrang bilis! Kasi there’s so many people passing, and we’re in a different country…

What were you doing before we dragged you here in Hong Kong?
I’ve been shooting Walang Hanggan almost every day since, I think, March. So yung Monday to Friday ko packed and wala akong masyadong time for other things. And the show’s been extended until October, so when this magazine comes out, the show will still be running.

In Walang Hanggan you play a villain…
I play a bratty spoiled girl, Johanna, wala siyang pakialam kung may matapakan siya or anything. Basta siya, whatever she wants, she’ll fight for it, lalo na when it comes to love.

You also did Nasaan Ka Elisa. It was almost nightly tortures, your role. Was it exhausting?
It was. Parang, “Oh my God, here we go again.” So every time nagpa-five-four-three-two-one I was, like, “Sige go na lang, para take one na lang hindi paulit-ulit.” Pero that was, I think, one of my difficult roles talaga kasi the whole sequence guide, all my scenes in one day would all be torture, screaming, crying. So by the time I went home I was so tired, tapos minsan papanaginipan ko na, “Oh my God, ako si Elisa!” There’s a lot of scenes na nakatali ako sa kama, ni re-rape ako. I’m screaming, and by the end of the scene, I’m like, “Oh my God. I want to go home.”

Was Nasaan Ka Elisa your first venture into “serious acting”?
Oo. Kasi, prior to that, my shows were with Matt (Evans), love team, love team, pa-sweet tapos iyak-iyak about love. And with Elisa mas may depth kasi I was on my own. Tapos wala akong connection to anybody in the story, except sa uncle ko (played by Eric Fructuoso), who was torturing me. Siya lang yung ka eksena ko. So it was either a make-or-break risk. But I took the risk pa din kasi everybody said it was a good story, and it was a chance for me to move into something new.

Does playing contravidas put a dent on your fanbase? Do more people hate you now?
Um, oo. I actually have a couple of haters, pero I’m very thankful na starting from sweet roles, people know na hindi naman talaga ako yung taong yun. And the contravida role they gave me is medyo nakakaawa siya, because all she wants is mapansin siya, and she wants to be loved. I’m very lucky because may mga tao, on Twitter for example, who would say, “Sobrang nakakainis ka, ang sarap gupitin ng bangs mo!” And then they would say “Pero love pa rin kita.” So I’m very happy na naiintindihan naman ng viewers namin, they understand that this is a character

And it was a long jump from when you first came out—we were supposed to say—in Pinoy Big Brother, but you weren’t from bahay ni kuya were you?
I was in SCQ [Star Circle Quest]! Ha ha ha!

But people always mistake you for a PBB alumni, including us, initially.
Yes, lagi nila akong pinagkakamalan kasi I was always with Gerald [Anderson], Kim [Chiu] and Matt before, as love teams, so they always thought that I’m with them. But I’m actually with the Star Circle Quest with Joross [Gamboa], Hiro [Angeles], Roxanne [Guinoo], and Sandara [Park]. I was the fifth placer. People really get it mixed up sometimes. Akala nila PBB Teens ako.

We noticed that you’ve been getting more contravida roles lately. Was that something you initiated, or did you just go with what they gave you?
Actually it was me. I had a meeting with the management before, and I said I wanted great characters, more offbeat characters. Kasi I enjoy playing the maldita roles more than I do the bida roles na laging umiiyak, nagpapaaway, nginungudngod. Mas gusto ko ako yung nag-ngungudngod, nagtataray, nang-aaway, nanampal. I think it brings more flavor and more excitement to the show. I told them that, and true enough they gave me Nasaan Ka Elisa, na medyo wild girl. And then after that they gave me this one as Johanna, a little bratty spoiled girl na I really, really like her character, even sa sense ng style niya, she’s very fashionista.


Share this article :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 
Support : Fhm Philippines | Johny Template | Mas Template
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger | FHM Philippines
FHM PHILIPPINES EBOOK: We are not trully interviewed the Fhm Cover Girls of fhm philippines.
All the description of posted magazines in this blog, is from FHM PHILIPPINES Official website.
Copyright © 2011. FHM PHILIPPINES EBOOK - All Rights Reserved